Friday, August 26, 2016

Booking a Consultation

If you would like a consultation, 
text me at 
830-220-0320
or email:

I charge $95 an hour, one hour minimum.
Time past that first hour is calculated in quarter-hour increments.

Cash or checks are fine, and I also take credit or debit through Paypal.

I serve Central, South, and West Austin to Spicewood (30 miles west), and areas in between.
If you're not in those areas, call me and I can either refer you to someone who covers your area or we may be able to work something out, such as an extra charge for drive time.



Preparing for a consultation:

If all we have to do is talk, you get more information!  So here are a few things you can do ahead of time to make sure you get the most for your money:
  1. Scan your plat/survey map and blow it up to a large enough size that you can draw on it easily, adding in any landmarks or garden features - trees, flowerbeds, sidewalks, lawns, even your house if it's not there already.  Write in the square feet of each area so I can calculate amounts of any compost, mulch, etc., needed.  
  2. On the back, write down your questions in priority order, leaving room for note-taking.  You know how you get to the doctor and all of a sudden your mind goes blank?  (I hate when I do that.)  So write down your questions right there on the back of that plat map so you can find them easily now and later on down the road.  Be sure to write more questions than you think we'll cover - we may not cover them all, but if the first few take less time than you thought, we can keep going and you can get your money's worth.
  3. Have a recorder handy.  I talk fast, so please record the session!  This way you can listen back on it for future reference and to glean every last whiff of benefit from my visit.
  4. Have any tools we may need handy.  I keep basic pruners and a shovel in the truck, but if we'll need anything else such as a ladder, have that out and ready.




~*~